By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 3, 2008 1:59 PM
LaGRANGE -- The Wayne County North Junior Legion baseball team enters exam week with a 2-3 record.
Directed by head coach Jabo Fulghum, WCN dropped a 7-5 decision to North Lenoir on Sunday afternoon. Robert Faucet batted 1-for-3, while Derek Limbaugh endured the mound loss.
Fulghum's group defeated Tarboro 4-3 to start the weekend.
Jose Ponce pounded out two hits, while John Taylor slugged a two-RBI homer. Jimmy Kearney emerged the winning pitcher.
Wayne County North visits Kinston on Wednesday. First pitch is 7 p.m.
Walnut Creek LGA
Nancy Satterfield emerged play-of-the-day winner during weekly tournament play at Walnut Creek Country Club.
Kathy Woodard claimed low gross and Linda Cannon captured low net. Jewel Ivey seized low putts.
Lane Tree LGA
Linda Watson and Betty Jean Gurley shared game-of-the-week honors during weekly play at Lane Tree Golf Club.
Linda Cannon won low net.
Libby Newsome, Linda Watson and Betty Jean Gurley shared low putts.
David "Peanut" Godwin recorded his first-ever hole-in-one while playing a round of golf at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course on Saturday.
Godwin aced the par-3, 165-yard No. 16 hole.
Playing partners Dean Edmundson, Willie Summerlin Jr., Tony Parnell and Tim Jones witnessed the feat.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series