K-Tribe holds off Lynchburg
Published in Sports on June 18, 2008 1:50 PM
Kinston opened second-half play with a 4-3 victory over Carolina League rival Lynchburg at historic Grainger Stadium on Tuesday evening.
Every K-Tribe batter in the lineup collected at least one hit. Niuman Romero finished 3-for-4, while Cirilo Cumberbatch and Beau Mills each supplied an RBI hit.
Carlton Smith scattered four hits and logged four strikeouts in seven scoreless innings for Kinston. Luis Perdomo earned his league-leading 16th save of the season after reliever Sung-Wei Tseng permitted three consecutive singles in the ninth.
The teams continue their three-game series today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series