K-Tribe drops Lynchburg
Published in Sports on June 19, 2008 1:54 PM
Kinston used a five-run, eighth-inning uprising to turn back Lynchburg 6-5 at historic Grainger Stadium on Wednesday evening.
Jerad Head ignited the rally with a solo home run -- his fifth of the season. Johnny Drennen, Beau Mills and Nick Weglarz followed with consecutive doubles to keep the offensive surge alive.
Lynchburg threatened, but the K-Tribe's Luis Perdomo notched his Carolina League-leading 17th save of the season.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series