K-Tribe erupts in 2nd inning
Published in Sports on June 20, 2008 1:51 PM
Jared Goedert slugged a second-inning, grand slam home run as Kinston knocked off Lynchburg 13-8 at historic Grainger Stadium on Thursday evening.
Goedert's homer highlighted the 13-run, 10-hit inning as the K-Tribe remained unbeaten (3-0) in second-half play. The Hillcats allowed 11 consecutive batters to reach base on either hits or walks.
Reliever Dan Cevette claimed the mound win.
Kinston begins a three-game, weekend series today against Salem.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series