Trail riding changes at LeJune
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 27, 2008 1:53 PM
Patrons will need a military ID card or sponsor to continue using a new running trail near Camp Lejeune.
Jacksonville will dedicate the "Rails to Trails" pedestrian-bicycle path Saturday. The path runs parallel to Highway 24 is open to the public until it reaches the base main gate. At that point, it ties into one of the base trails on the massive Marine Corps base.
Those who want to use the trail will then need a military ID card or a sponsor to continue down the path. ID card holders can sponsor up to four guests on the path.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series