By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 1, 2008 1:51 PM
In a battle of division leaders, Northern front-runner Potomac cranked out five home runs in a 17-3 rout of Southern top dog Kinston at historic Grainger Stadium on Monday evening.
Former K-Triber Brian Finnegan and former East Carolina standout Trevor Lawhorn each went yard for the Cannons. Lawhorn concluded the game 3-for-5.
Kinston suffered just its third loss in second-half play this season.
The three-game series concludes today.
-- Standings, 2B
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series