Wayne South rallies to victory
Published in Sports on July 9, 2008 1:53 PM
Wayne County South used some seventh inning heroics to beat Farmville Central 3-1 on Tuesday night in Junior American Legion baseball action.
Trailing 1-0 Keenan Winn came through in the clutch with a go-ahead three-run blast.
The home run proved to be enough offense as Matt Neal worked a scoreless seventh to collect the win on the mound. Cody Richards got a no-decision despite a strong five-inning outing.
Neal also contributed at the plate for Wayne South, ripping two hits in three at-bats. Scott Holloman and Kevin Wise each notched one hit in the win.
Thanks to a first round bye, Wayne County South will now enjoy a week of rest before the playoffs begin on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series