K-Tribe drops home contest
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on July 15, 2008 1:54 PM
Niuman Romero extended his Carolina League-hitting streak to 19 games, but Kinston dropped a 7-3 decision to Winston-Salem at historic Grainger Stadium.
Romero batted 2-for-4 and recorded his fifth consecutive multiple-hit outing during his current streak, which began June 22. Romero's batting average has ballooned from .256 to .310.
Winston-Salem grabbed an early lead behind homers by Brandon Allen and Estee Harris. Harris' two-run shot capped the first-inning, three-run outburst.
The teams concluded their series this morning.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series