K-Tribe endures another defeat
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 16, 2008 1:46 PM
Niuman Romero continued his current hot streak at the plate, but Kinston -- again -- dropped another home decision to Winston-Salem on Tuesday evening.
Romero hit safely for the 20th consecutive game as the K-Tribe fell 10-2 on the historic Grainger Stadium diamond. The Warthogs won the final two contests to salvage a 2-2 split in the series.
Nick Weglarz's bases-loaded, RBI single and Jason Denham's solo home run accounted for Kinston's scoring. Winston-Salem iced the game with a six-run, ninth-inning uprising.
The K-Tribe is off today and returns home Thursday for a three-game series against Frederick. Game time is 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series