Mudcats tumble on Sunday
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 21, 2008 1:37 PM
Carolina's sixth error of the game ignited an 11th-inning rally as Missisippi edged Carolina 8-7 on Sunday evening.
Quentin Davis' RBI sacrifice fly capped the four-hour marathon as Carolina (15-15) fell three games behind Southern Division-leading Tennessee. The Mudcats' club record for errors in a game is seven, which was last achieved in 2002.
Gaby Sanchez had two hits for the Mudcats.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series