Wayne County's Gentry handcuffs South Florida
By News-Argus Sports Staff
Published in Sports on July 25, 2008 1:56 PM
From staff reports
STAFFORD, Va. -- Chandler Gentry tossed a complete game and Tanner Bradley drove in three runs as Wayne County hammered South Florida 10-0 in opening-round play at the Babe Ruth 9U Southeast Regional.
Gentry allowed three hits, walked two and collected two strikeouts.
"Chandler pitched an outstanding game," said Wayne County head coach Steve Wells.
Chandler Matthews cranked out two hits. Bradley, Noah Daniels (two RBI), Chandler Gentry, Derek Neal and Cameron Kornegay finished with one hit apiece.
Officials halted the game due to the 10-run mercy rule.
Wayne County plays again Saturday at 1 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series