Carolina tops Tennessee
Published in Sports on August 6, 2008 1:33 PM
Chris Coghlan supplied the game-winning hit as Carolina edged Tennessee 4-3 at Smokies Park on Tuesday evening.
The Mudcats grabbed their fourth consecutive win and 11th overall in their last 12 outings. They own a five-game lead over the Smokies, an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
Tied at 3-3, Carolina's John Raynor started the ninth inning with a single. A throwing error on a pickoff throw moved Raynor into scoring position. With one out, Coghlan laced a hit down the right-field line for the lead.
Mudcats hurler Chris Mobley earned his 20th save of the season.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series