Published in Sports on August 7, 2008 1:59 PM
Kinston slugged a pair of game-tying home runs, but Southern Division-leading Myrtle Beach escaped 9-6 on Wednesday evening.
The Pelicans swept the three-game set and boosted their advantage to 6 1/2 games over the K-Tribe and Winston-Salem in second-half play.
Carlos Santana homered for Kinston in the fifth, while teammate Carlos Rivero ripped a solo bomb in the sixth. Myrtle Beach answered with a two-run sixth and never trailed from that point.
The K-Tribe starts a seven-game homestand today against Salem.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series