De la Cruz logs three-hitter for K-Tribe
By Indians Media Relations
Published in Sports on August 13, 2008 1:36 PM
Kelvin De La Cruz limited Lynchburg to three hits and logged four strikeouts in a five-inning stint during Kinston's 7-0 victory at historic Grainger Stadium.
It was De La Cruz's third victory of the season.
Jared Head's three-run homer, his 10th round-tripper of the season, highlighted a fourth-inning outbursts. Matt McBride, John Drennen and Niuman Romero also doubled for the K-Tribe.
Winners of six consecutive games, the K-Tribe has a four-game lead over Winston-Salem for the final playoff spot in the Carolina League's Southern Division.
The series concludes today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series