Raynor's homer helps Mudcats
By Mudcats Media Relations
Published in Sports on August 20, 2008 1:46 PM
John Raynor belted three-run homer in a four-run, sixth-inning uprising during Carolina's 7-2 victory over Mississippi at Five County Stadium.
The Mudcats also turned their first triple play in 12 years and inched closer to the second-half Northern Division title. They hold a seven-game advantage over first-half champion Tennessee.
Graham Taylor won his second Double-A start, scattering nine hits in six innings of work. Ryan Tucker allowed one run in two innings of relief and Todd Doolittle, the team's saves leader, tossed a scoreless ninth.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series