Chargers fall to 0-2
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 21, 2008 1:35 PM
ERWIN -- Wayne Country Day never found their rhythm, and dropped a 8-0 decision to Cape Fear Academy on the soccer field on Wednesday. An effort that drew crticism from head coach Baron Hienemann.
"The guys never really showed up," Hienemann said. "We looked beaten from the moment we stepped out on the field."
Despite the lopsided loss, there were some bright moments for the young WCDS roster.
"There is a lot of talent here... but it is unpolished, timid and inexperienced," said Hienemann. "It's a slow process, but I know we will get better."
Cape Fear opened the scoring with three goals in the first ten minutes, and built a 7-0 lead by halftime.
The Chargers (0-2 overall) will travel to Wilson Christian on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series