High School football kicks off tonight
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 22, 2008 1:34 PM
High school football season kicks off tonight in the News-Argus with 10 local teams in action.
Goldsboro hosts county foe and future Carolina 1-A Conference opponent Rosewood. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m.
Meanwhile, Eastern Wayne entertains West Carteret, Princeton opens its season at home versus Princeton and Spring Creek hosts South Lenoir.
Also on tap tonight, defending 1-A state champion James Kenan begins its title defense at home against Clinton.
Charles B. Aycock, a 3-7 finisher from a year ago, travels to Bunn, while North Duplin visits Southside and Southern Wayne goes to West Craven.
All of tonight's ballgames begin at 7:30.
For complete coverage of opening night see Sunday's edition of the News-Argus.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series