Rams can not handle Fike
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 22, 2008 1:34 PM
SNOW HILL -- Abby Sugg picked up the only win in singles play for Greene Central as they fell to perenial power Wilson Fike 8-1 on Thursday.
Sugg defeated Sarah Flinn 6-0, 6-3.
"I am very proud of my team today," Greene Central head coach Donald Clark said. "Wilson Fike came into this match ranked third in the state, and they are certainly deserving of that ranking."
The Rams (2-1 overall) will travel to the Greenfield School on Monday.
"We saw what it takes to become a great team today," Clark said. "I hope we will use that knowledge to become better in the weeks to come."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series