Rams blank Gryphons
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 26, 2008 12:46 PM
WILSON -- Greene Central improved to 3-1 on the season with a convincing 7-1 non-conference win at Greenfield School on Monday.
Elizabeth McLawhorn, Lauren Carraway, Samantha Taylor, Jessica Gray, Abby Sugg and Abbey Dail each picked up singles victories for the Rams.
The doubles tandems of McLawhorn/Carraway and Sugg/Brittany Colie were also victorious.
"We played our best singles of the season today," Greene Central head coach Donald Clark said. "Greenfield School always fields a competitive squad from top to bottom and this year is no exception. We had to hit a lot of balls to win every point, and that's exactly what we need at this time of year as we work on getting more consistent and in better shape."
The Rams host Rocky Mount today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series