By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 29, 2008 12:57 PM
Wayne Christian's boys split a cross country meet with Kerr-Vance, Wilson Christian, Flora MacDonald and Faith Christian of Rocky Mount on Thursday.
The Eagles' Josh Magnus finished first on the boys side with a time of 18:45. Teammate Justin Brathwaite was second, while Noah Kearney (5th), Connor Jones (6th) and Mark Sawyer (10th) all recorded top-10 times.
Wayne Christian tallied 24 points on the boys' side, to second-place Kerr Vance's 44. Flora McDonald had 73 points and Wilson Christian and Faith of Rocky Mount each did not field enough runners to receive a team score.
Rachel Renfrow of Wilson Christian was victorious in the girls' race with a time of 24:42. The Eagles' Jennifer Price finished second with a time of 26:56.
Wilson Christian's 18 points was good enough for first as Faith of Rocky Mount ended the day in second with 28 points. Kerr-Vance compiled a team score of 55 and Wayne Christian was fourth with a total of 56.
The Eagles host a Carolina Christian 1-A Conference meet on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series