Goldsboro moves game in preperation of Hanna
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 2, 2008 12:58 PM
With Hurricane Hanna expected to strike somewhere along the southeast coastline by Friday, area high school athletics directors might be making a few changes in their football schedule.
Goldsboro High did Tuesday morning.
Athletics Director Rod Peterson announced the Cougars' home game with Durham Hillside has been moved from Friday to Thursday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Cougar Stadium.
Goldsboro (2-0 overall) defeated county rival Eastern Wayne 37-6 last week. The Cougars have outscored the opposition 96-6 in eight quarters of play this season.
Hillside, a perennial power in the Triangle Area, easily defeated the Cougars a year ago.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series