CBA, Beddingfield tennis rained out
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 10, 2008 1:02 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Heavy rain and sporadic flashes of lightning forced Charles B. Aycock and Wilson Hunt to postpone their women's tennis match Tuesday afternoon.
Forced to take shelter in the team's equipment shed, the Golden Falcons tried to wait out the storm. After a 20-minute delay, the coaches agreed it was a washout.
"You hate to have a conference match rained out," said first-year C.B. Aycock head coach Brad Mathews. "But at this point, the courts will take at least another 30 minutes to dry. The last thing we want to do is get everyone started, and then have to stop play in the middle.
"We'll try it again next week."
The match is scheduled for Sept. 17.
Weather permitting, C.B. Aycock entertains state-ranked Wilson Fike today and faces defending Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference champion Eastern Wayne on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series