Princeton wins Carolina 1-A opener
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 10, 2008 1:04 PM
SEVEN SPRINGS -- Princeton earned a 23-25, 25-15, 25-13, 25-15 win in its Class 1-A Carolina Conference volleyball opener at Spring Creek on Tuesday.
Brittany Baker and Devon Murphy paced the Bulldogs' attack with eight kills and one block each. Daniel Mitchell added eight service aces, two digs and a kill and Ashley Braswell had nine kills and two aces.
Erin Schultz passed out 24 assists.
Randi Oxendine led the Gators with 19 assists, three aces, three kills and two digs. Kristin Smith added 10 kills, six digs, seven blocks and two aces.
Spring Creek (3-4 overall) travels to Ayden-Grifton on Thursday.
The Bulldogs also recorded a 25-23, 25-12, 16-25, 25-15 non-conference victory over Clayton on Monday.
Braswell contributed 12 kills and Murphy added 10. Nikki Capps tallied four aces and three blocks while Schultz dished out 28 assists.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series