Chargers run wild
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 12, 2008 1:20 PM
NEW BERN -- Cameron Ford and Hil Tanner both finished with two goals and an assist each as Wayne Country Day shutout Epiphany 5-0 on Thursday.
Cody Neal sent a cross through the box that deflected off a defender and into the goal to get the Chargers on the board. Ford scored on a direct kick from just outside the 18-yard box and later headed home a corner kick from Tanner.
Tanner delivered his first score from close to 30 yards out and finished the Wayne Country Day scoring with a blast from inside the 18-yard box off an assist from Ford.
The Chargers (4-8-0 overall) host No. 2-ranked Faith Christian of Rocky Mount today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series