Chargers too much for Dawgs
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on November 2, 2008 12:48 AM
AYDEN -- Ayden-Grifton, the Class 1-A Carolina Conference co-leader, limited Princeton to minus-29 yards of total offense in a 60-0 victory Friday evening.
The Chargers allowed the Bulldogs minus-55 yards rushing.
Princeton (3-7, 1-3 Carolina) committed four turnovers.
Ayden-Grifton (7-3, 4-0) led 19-0 after one quarter and 40-0 at the half. The Chargers racked up 290 yards on the ground and four scores of 40 yards or more. Fred Best and Tevin Peterson each had a pair of touchdown runs, a
Princeton concludes regular-season play at home Friday against archrival Rosewood. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. at the Fred Bartholomew Athletic Complex.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series