Easley racking-up honors
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on November 6, 2008 1:46 PM
MOC Sports Information
MOUNT OLIVE -- Kendrick Easley is expected to receive a lot of attention from opposing coaches during games this season.
He's certainly getting recognition off the court.
The Mount Olive College guard is one of 25 players -- nationwide -- to earn a spot on the Basketball Times preseason 2008-09 Division II men's basketball team. A 6-foot-1 junior from Norfolk, Va., Easley has garnered All-America acknowledgement from Street and Smith Magazine, and the Division II Bulletin.
An all-Conference Carolinas performer, Easley averaged 16.9 points per game last season and ranked nationally in free-throw percentage (81.5). He helped lead the Trojans to a 24-win season and their fifth consecutive appearance in the NCAA Division II East Regional.
Easley and his teammates hit the court today for a preseason scrimmage at Wake Forest. It's the third time in the last five years that the Trojans have battled an Atlantic Coast Conference school in exhibition play.
Mount Olive is ranked two preseason polls -- No. 18 in the Division II Bulletin and No. 21 in the NABC Division II list.
Wake Forest is ranked No. 24 in the USA Today/ESPN top 25.
The game tips off at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series