By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 10, 2008 1:46 PM
Charles B. Aycock finished state runner-up in the super large varsity (22-plus members) in the sixth annual N.C. High School Athletic Association Cheerleading Championships.
The Golden Falcons lost by 10 points to Marvin Ridge.
Spring Creek claimed seventh in the large varsity non-tumble (20-plus members) division, while Princeton ended up 15th in the medium varsity (13-16 members) ranks.
Southern Wayne placed 13th in the large varsity (17-19 members) division.
A record number 115 teams participated in the day-long, 11-division competition contested at the Raleigh Convention Center.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series