Local Sports Digest
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on November 11, 2008 1:46 PM
Wayne Christian picked up a 56-32 season-opening victory over Faith of Rocky Mount in girls basketball action on Monday.
Hanna Kaler led a balanced Eagles' attack with 13 points, five rebounds and a blocked shot. Julia Oden contributed 10 points and three rebounds, while Kaitlyn Kosuda provided nine points, four rebounds and two blocked shots.
Jennifer Price (12 rebounds) and Carly Hightower scored eight points apiece. Devan Isenhower chipped in four points, four rebounds and two blocked shots.
Wayne Christian (1-0 overall) entertains Terra Ceia on Nov. 18.
Eagle boys fall
The Wayne Christian Eagles opened their boys basketball season with a 62-45 loss at Faith of Rocky Mount on Monday.
Luke Howell led the Eagles with 15 points. Taylor Johnson added 11, and Colton Woods chipped in eight points.
Tim Watson led Faith Christian with 29 points.
Wayne Christian (0-1) will play host to Terra Ceia on Nov. 18.
* Boys' basketball: Faith Christian-RM 41, Wayne Christian 39 -- Chase King finished with a double-double -- 18 points, 13 rebounds -- for the Eagles. Gregory Alexander added nine points and three rebounds. Wayne Christian (0-1 overall) will host its annual jamboree on Saturday.
* Girls' basketball: Wayne Christian 28, Faith Christian-RM 23 -- Brooke Barfield led all scorers with 10 points as the Eagles soared to a 1-0 start. Courtney Barrow added nine points in the win.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series