Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on November 12, 2008 1:46 PM
PANTEGO -- Rashid Williams scored a team-high 16 points and pulled down six rebounds as Wayne Country Day opened its season with an 83-25 win on Tuesday at Terra Ceia.
Brandon McCarter chipped in 13 points and nine rebounds. Stoan Stewart contributed 12 points and eight rebounds, while Tim Hobbs also had 12 points. Josh Gregory added 10 points and seven rebounds. Reco McCarter finished with seven points.
The Chargers (1-0 overall) visit Epiphany on Thursday and face Mount Tabor at the Lawrence Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
Chargers top Terra Ceia
PANTEGO -- Wayne Country Day opened its season with a 55-32 win on Tuesday evening at Terra Ceia.
Catherine Ford and Bridgette Briggs each scored 13 points for the Chargers. Brooke Norris pitched in 10 points. Kim Martell had seven and Mack Thompson provided six.
It was a rematch of last year's quarterfinal-round game in the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association Class 1-A playoffs won by Terra Ceia.
Wayne Country Day (1-0 overall) travels to Epiphany on Thursday.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Country Day 59, Terra Ceia 12 -- Jordan Perry and Zach Phillips led the Chargers with 11 points apiece. Perry also grabbed 11 rebounds. Douglas Williams provided 10 points and six rebounds. Cody Neal added nine points. Hil Tanner tallied six points and six assists.
* Girls' basketball: Terra Ceia 32, Wayne Country Day 16 -- Sarah Best led the Chargers with 16 points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series