By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 18, 2008 1:46 PM
* Girls' basketball: Dillard 34, Rosewood 33 -- Shakira Campbell netted a game-high 22 points as Dillard captured its season opener. Akira Davis added nine points in the win.
* Girls' basketball: Wayne Christian 31, Faith Christian-RM 24 -- Brooke Barfield led all scorers with 26 of her team's 31 points. Katie Eisenhower grabbed six rebounds for the Eagles and Niki Fitzmorris dished uot four assists.
* Girls' basketball: Eastern Wayne 36, Grantham 7 -- Kaceia Exum netted 12 points to go along with seven steals as the Warrior defense stifled the Bulldogs. Elondia Grant added eight points in the win. Keaton Bradley led Grantham with three points.
* Boy's basketball: Dillard 41, Mount Olive 31 -- Quavalis Holloman led the victors with 13 points. Kerron Howell added 12 points and seven rebounds. Jamiel Price led Mount Olive with 19 points.
* Boy's basketball: Faith Christian-RM 31, Wayne Christian 21 -- Greg Johnson led all scorers with 12 points and also grabbed six rebounds for the Eagles. Baron Wise chipped in six boards. Dylan Smith, Cameron Govantes and Zach Alphin recorded two points respectively.
* Boy's basketball: Eastern Wayne 35, Grantham 32 -- Lee Atkinson led all scorers with 13 points. Isaac Hicks added six points in the win. Grantham was paced by 10 points from Drake Shaw.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series