By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on December 2, 2008 1:47 PM
Wayne Christian earned its first Class 1-A Carolina Christian Conference victory of the season with a 51-37 triumph over Crossroads Christian on Monday night.
Hanna Kaler led the Eagles with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Kayla Kennedy chipped in eight points and six boards. Jennifer Price pulled down nine rebounds.
Wayne Christian visits CCC member Trinity of Durham today.
WILMINGTON -- Southern Wayne got off to a slow start in the second half and fell to New Hanover 71-57 on Monday night.
Dwight Smith paced Southern Wayne with 15 points. Javaris McMillan and Ramsey Turner each added six points respectively.
The Saints (2-3 overall) will host North Lenoir on Wednesday.
Crossroads Christian jumped in front early and never looked back as they bested Wayne Christian 83-52 on Monday night.
Colton Woods paced the Eagle effort with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Luke Howell added nine points and four steals.
Wayne Christian (1-4 overall, 0-2 CCC) travels to Trinity of Durham tonight
* Girls' basketball: Crossroads Christian 33, Wayne Christian 32 -- Brooke Barfield scored 14 points but it was not enough as the Eagles dropped a heartbreaker. Haley Greenwood added 10 points for Wayne Christian.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series