Union tops Dawgs
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 23, 2008 1:46 PM
CLINTON -- A poor second quarter spelled disaster for the Princeton Bulldogs on Monday night as they fell 70-54 at Union in a non-conference clash on Monday night.
The Dawgs were outscored 28-8 in the second period.
For the game, Princeton was paced by David Gurganus' 16-point effort. Andre Nixon added 11 points and pulled down a team-high 14 rebounds. Patrick Jacobs added six points in the defeat.
Howard Bynum tossed in 25 points to lead Union.
Princeton (4-7 overall) will take part in the Roanoke Christmas Tournament where they will battle tournament host Roanoke on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series