Wrestling -- EW at Havelock
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 5, 2009 1:46 PM
HAVELOCK -- Short-handed Eastern Wayne posted an 0-5 record during a day-long, six-team dual team wrestled at Havelock High School on Saturday.
The Warriors (4-10 overall) competed with just nine grapplers and dropped decisions to the host Rams, J.H. Rose, South Central, New Bern and West Carteret.
Monroe Simmons, Zach Hahn (140 pounds) and heavyweight Zach Myers each collected three wins on the day. Simmons, who competed at 125 and 130 pounds, pinned two opponents. Hahn picked up two pins and one decision.
Myers, who transferred from Florida during the summer, recorded two pins and one forfeit.
Austin Helm ended up 1-0, while 119-pounder Roderick Ayers logged a 1-2 record. Teammates Josh Hahn (112), Cody Britt (160), Logan Wicks (189) and James Barrett (215) also participated against the perennially-strong Coastal Conference teams.
Eastern Wayne looks to snap a six-match skid at home Tuesday against Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference foe Wilson Beddingfield. The Warriors are 1-1 against league opposition this season, while the Bruins upset Charles B. Aycock in their ECC opener on Dec. 17.
Match time is 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series