By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 6, 2009 1:50 PM
CALYPSO -- North Duplin got off to a slow start offensively and never recovered as they fell to Lakewood 68-36 on Monday night.
The Rebels' attack fell flat in the first quarter as the team managed just five points.
Marcus Kornegay poured in 11 points to pace North Duplin. Quentin Graham and Jimmy Smith each added six points respectively. Blake King added five markers.
Lakewood was led by Marcus Graham's 26-point outburst.
The Rebels (0-8 overall) will be back in action on Friday when they open Carolina 1-A conference play at North Johnston.
* Boys' basketball: Greenwood 47, Spring Creek 30 -- Three players scored in double figures for Greenwood (7-0 overall) as they upended Spring Creek on Monday. Jaelen Johnson, Jalin Sruill and Julius Murphy each recorded 10 points respectively in the win. Kerron Howell pulled down a game-high 14 rebounds. The Gators were led by Demarion Henderson's 14 points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series