EW wrestling finishes 1-4 at Ram Challenge
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 20, 2009 1:47 PM
HAVELOCK -- Zach Hahn collected four individual victories and Eastern Wayne's grapplers logged a 1-4 record during the annual Ram Challenge contested at Havelock High School.
Hahn, who competed at 140 pounds, earned two decisions, pinned one opponent and received a forfeit. His lone loss occurred against Currituck County.
Eastern Wayne (6-14 overall) defeated Southeast Raleigh, but dropped decisions against Swansboro, Jacksonville and White Oak.
Cody Britt finished the day 3-2. Teammates Corbin Harris, Monroe Simmons, Russell Smith and James Barrett notched two victories apiece. Barrett bounced between the 215 and heavyweight classes throughout the day.
Roderick Ayers, Terrell Blake, Logan Wicks and Austin Helm each picked one win.
The Warriors return to action Thursday at county rival Rosewood.
NORLINA -- Wayne Christian played solid defense throughout and bested Norlina Christian 46-18 in Carolina Christian 1-A Conference play.
Alaina Moore paced the Eagles' attack with 15 points and four rebounds. Hanna Kaler added 12 points. Summer Brathwaite added five points and a game-high 14 rebounds.
Wayne Christian (9-3 overall) improved to 5-2 in the CCC.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series