Snow storm causes area ADs to change schedules
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on January 21, 2009 1:46 PM
And although they hoped to avoid back-to-back playing nights this season, Tuesday afternoon's snow storm forced their respective hands. All events were postponed and most contests were moved to Thursday.
Six games are on tap:
* Wayne Country Day at Trinity-Fayetteville -- A rematch of last year's quarterfinal-round game in the NCISAA 1-A boys' playoffs, won by Trinity. The Charger girls, meanwhile, carry a No. 1 ranking into the non-conference affair.
* C.B. Aycock at Kinston -- The Golden Falcons (11-5 overall) square off against the defending NCHSAA 3-A state champion. The Vikings continue to play without UNC recruit Reggie Bullock, who is recovering from a stress reaction in his leg.
* Wayne Christian at Johnston Christian -- The Eagle boys won the first meeting on their homecourt.
* Eastern Wayne at Wilson Hunt -- Eastern Wayne goes in search of its first Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference boys' and girls' victories of the season.
* Ayden-Grifton at North Duplin -- The reigning Carolina 1-A Conference regular-season and tournament champions invade Calypso. The Rebels -- boys and girls -- have yet to taste victory in 10 outings this season.
* North Johnston at Princeton -- A matchup of Johnston County archrivals.
* Southern Wayne at C.B. Aycock -- The Saints (6-8) and Golden Falcons (17-7) enter the match with identical 0-2 worksheets against ECC opposition this season. A victory keeps Aycock in the chase for one of the league's two automatic berths in the NCHSAA dual-team playoffs.
* Eastern Wayne at Rosewood -- The Warriors (6-14) visit the Eagles (16-7) in a battle of county rivals. Each team finished 1-4 in dual-team tournament action last weekend.
Spring Creek is scheduled to entertain East Duplin and Rocky Mount is the guest of Princeton.
Wayne Country Day's swim team heads to the coast for a non-conference meet against Wilmington Cape Fear Academy.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series