Trojans' Prichard receives recognition for solid play
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on January 21, 2009 1:46 PM
MOC Sports Information
MOUNT OLIVE -- Tomeka Prichard, who helped lead Mount Olive College to a pair of come-from-behind conference wins on the road last week, has been named the Conference Carolinas women's basketball player of the week.
The award is Prichard's first in her career and the second this season for a Trojan women's basketball player.
A 5-foot-9 senior guard from Havelock, Prichard converted a three-point play with 47 seconds left as Mount Olive topped Lees-McRae last Saturday. Prichard tallied five of her team-high 14 points during the decisive 11-1 run.
On Wednesday, Prichard pumped in a career-high 24 points as the Trojans battled back from a seven-point deficit to defeat in-state rival Pfeiffer University 84-73. Prichard collected nine points during a game-breaking 23-5 run early in the second half.
For the season, Prichard ranks seventh in scoring (16 points) in Conference Carolinas play. She is fifth in blocked shots (1.4) and averaged 37-plus minutes in the victories over LMC and Pfeiffer.
The Trojans (11-3 overall) are 7-2 in league play this season and entertain archrival Barton on Thursday. Game time is 5:30 p.m. at Kornegay Arena.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series