MOC women improve Regional ranking
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on February 5, 2009 1:46 PM
MOC Sports Information
MOUNT OLIVE -- The Mount Olive College women's basketball team climbed to No. 9 in the latest NCAA Division II Southeast Region poll released Tuesday.
The Trojans (15-3 overall) own a half-game lead over archrival Barton, ranked No. 10 regionally, in Conference Carolinas play. Mount Olive carries a nine-game win streak to league newcomer Converse (S.C.) College today. Tip-off is 5:30 p.m.
Joining the Trojans in this week's top 10 are four teams each from the South Atlantic Conference and Peach Belt Conference. Perennial SAC power Lenoir-Rhyne remains No. 1 for the second straight week.
Mount Olive and all of the Conference Carolinas schools moved from the East Region to the Southeast Region to start the 2008-09 season. The champions from Conference Carolinas, the PBC and SAC earn automatic bids to the Southeast Regional in March. The next five highest-ranked teams receive at-large invitations.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series