Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on February 18, 2009 1:46 PM
SMITHFIELD --Wayne Christian trimmed a seven-point deficit with 90 seconds to play down to two but got no closer in a 48-46 loss to Crossroads Christian on Tuesday night in the semifinals of the Carolina Christian 1-A girls' basketball tournament.
The Eagles (14-7) trailed by seven points with 90 seconds to play and cut the margin to two but failed to convert on three opportunities to tie or take the lead as time expired.
Kayla Kennedy scored 17 points and Hanna Kaler contributed 12 points and 10 rebounds. Kaitlyn Kosuda chipped in 11 points and 13 rebounds.
Wayne Christian will learn this weekend if it has received a bit in the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association State playoffs.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series