Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on February 25, 2009 1:46 PM
HENDERSON -- Wayne Christian's girls couldn't overcome a slow start in a 51-26 loss in the opening round of the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association Class 1-A girls' basketball playoffs on Tuesday evening.
Jennifer Price scored eight points, and grabbed six rebounds to go with three steals, two blocks and an assist. Hanna Kaler contributed six points, eight rebounds and three steals.
The Eagles finished the season 14-8 overall.
Gators rally falls short
TRENTON -- Spring Creek didn't waiver in the face of a 17-point halftime deficit and cut the margin to three before falling to Jones Senior 49-40 on Tuesday evening in the first round of the N.C. High School Athletic Association 1-A state playoffs.
Shaquita Brooks and Richelle Butler each scored 11 points for the Gators and Melanique DeVeaux added eight.
Amy Parker chipped in six points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series