Skirpstas, Woodard shine
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on February 25, 2009 1:46 PM
SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Mount Olive's Pete Skirpstas and Scott Woodard each recorded top-10 finishes during the AASU Southbridge Pirates Invitational, which concluded Tuesday.
Skirpstas carded a final-round 73 and finished with a 5-over par 221 in the 54-hole event. Woodard, who starred at Princeton High School, fired a 76 in the final round and ended up at 7-over par 223.
The duo helped Mount Olive claim seventh with a three-day score of 916 in the 12-day event. The Trojans were the second highest-scoring Conference Carolinas squad behind Coker, which took fifth at 903.
Senior Jonathan Greene wound up in a six-way tie for 36th at 235. Teammates Fabrizio Ceppi and Ryan Campbell settled for 42nd and 61st respectively.
Lander University and Valdosta State shared the team championship.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series