MOC splits softball contests
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on March 2, 2009 1:46 PM
MOC Sports Information
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Mount Olive College softball team concluded first-day action 1-1 in the annual Rebel Spring Games, which began Sunday.
Allison Czerski and Kat Cahoon each ripped a two-out, two-RBI single in the Trojans' 5-1 victory over University of the Sciences (Pa.). Anna Turvin threw a complete game in the pitcher's circle.
Kelly Minshew's two-RBI double ignited a Trojan rally, but it wasn't enough in a 6-4 loss to University of Mary (N.D.)
Mount Olive (7-4-1 overall) continues its five-day, 10-game Spring Break trip today. The Trojans faced Shippensburg (Pa.) University and Kutztown (Pa.) University this morning.
Kutztown is ranked No. 12 nationally.
MOUNT OLIVE -- Weekend rain has forced the postponement of today's Conference Carolinas baseball clash between in-state rivals Mount Olive and St. Andrews.
Make-up dates for the three-game series have not been determined.
The No. 15-ranked Trojans (10-7 overall) are scheduled to play back-to-back games Tuesday and Wednesday at Tusculum (Tenn.).
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series