ECU football schedule released
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on March 12, 2009 1:50 PM
East Carolina is scheduled to play seven 2008 bowl participants, including a home contest Atlantic Coast Conference and FedEx Orange Bowl champion Virginia Tech in 2009.
The Pirates will travel to North Carolina and West Virginia, and make three regular-season appearances on the ESPN family of networks.
ECU opens the season Sept. 5 at home against Appalachian State, which won three Football Championship Subdivision titles from 2005-2007. The contest will renew an in-state football rivalry that spans 77 years and will be the Pirates' first game against an FCS team since 2001.
East Carolina begins defense of its CUSA championship at home Sept. 26 against UCF.
"Conference USA offers much parity and because it has developed into one of the most competitive leagues in the country, we certainly have our work cut out for us," said Pirates head coach Skip Holtz.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series