By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on April 11, 2009 11:27 PM
LaGRANGE -- Head coach Jim Montague earned career win No. 300 as North Lenoir defeated Goldsboro 21-1 in an Eastern Plains 2-A Conference baseball contest.
Scott Ginn claimed the mound win for the Hawks and helped his cause offensively with a 4-for-4 effort at the plate. Tyler Potter reached base twice, while Wil Sutton contributed two hits and five RBI.
Spencer Moye and Grayson Phillips contributed two hits apiece.
Donald Lewis drove in the Cougars only run.
North Lenoir (8-4 overall) faces Northern Durham in the annual Jimmie R. Grimsley Hot Stove League Invitational. First pitch is 1 p.m. on the Guy Smith Stadium diamond.
Goldsboro (1-11 overall) will host North Pitt on April 21.
WILSON -- Wayne Christian continued its hot start with a 5-4 victory over Wilson Christian on Friday night. The state-ranked Eagles improved to 8-1 overall (7-0 CCC) on the season.
Dante Arthur, Chase Darden, Dom Arthur, Chandler Harrell and Luke Howell each tallied one hit in the victory.
Michael Johnson pitched a gem on the mound to earn the win. Johnson allowed two hits and two walks over a complete game perfoemance.
Wayne Christian will take part in the Hobgood Academy Easter tournament beginning on Thursday at 5 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series