Tulane takes CUSA series
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on April 20, 2009 1:46 PM
The Eagles introduced their new $60 million man on Sunday, completing a major upgrade of the offensive line.
Coach Andy Reid believes Jason Peters, the Pro Bowl left tackle Philadelphia acquired in a trade with Buffalo on Friday, can fill the hole left by the departure of unrestricted free agent and four-time Pro Bowler Tra Thomas to Jacksonville.
"Of course Tra Thomas is a great tackle," Peters said at news conference on Sunday. "He left big shoes to fill and I'm ready to try to fill those shoes."
After the trade, the team came to terms on a four-year contract extension worth $53 million with Peters. The 27-year-old, who was upset with his contract in Buffalo, will earn $60 million over the next six years, $25 million guaranteed.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series