Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on May 6, 2009 1:47 PM
WILMINGTON -- Eastern Wayne completed its regular season with a 2-1, non-conference loss against New Hanover on Tuesday.
The Warriors (17-4 overall) tallied a second-inning run.
The Wildcats answered with a two-run, fourth-inning homer.
Eastern Wayne had multiple chances to score throughout the game but was plagued by runners left on base. John Wooten batted 3-for-4. Cambric Moye and Zach Beachem provided two hits apiece.
The Warriors entertain either Southern Wayne or Kinston on Friday night in the semifinals of the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference tournament.
* Baseball: Grantham 5, Rosewood 4 -- Jacob Sasser tallied three hits as Grantham topped Rosewood on Monday afternoon. Kevin Williams and Thomas Kelly each added one hit respectively in the win. Josh Edwards earned the win on the pitcher's mound for the Bulldogs, who finish the season 13-3 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series