Daily storms prompt changes
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on May 8, 2009 1:46 PM
Maybe they'll get a reprieve since calm weather is expected for today.
Southern Wayne (12-13 overall) travels to county rival Eastern Wayne (17-4) for a semifinal-round game in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference baseball tournament. In the other half of the bracket, Beddingfield and Hunt play today with the winner facing Charles B. Aycock on Saturday.
If Hunt wins, the game will be at 7 p.m., but if Beddingfield pulls off the upset, the two teams will play at 10 a.m.
In women's soccer, Eastern Wayne (6-5-4) plays host to Beddingfield today in the ECC semifinals. The winner opposes Hunt, a 3-0 victory over Charles B. Aycock, on Saturday in Wilson. Kickoff is 10 a.m.
Southern Wayne's softball team travels to Beddingfield today and visits Hunt at 3:30 p.m. Saturday. The Saints (10-10, 4-4 ECC) need two victories to boost their postseason seeding.
The N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association Class 1-A playoffs begin today in baseball and women's soccer. Wayne Christian (15-2 overall) entertains Trinity-Fayetteville and Wayne Country Day (6-11) welcomes Hobgood in baseball.
The Wayne Christian women's soccer team travels to Elon School for an opening-round game. Kickoff is 4 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series