By From staff reports
Published in Sports on May 14, 2009 1:46 PM
SPIVEY'S CORNERS -- Kaitlyn Conger netted a hat trick (three goals) as Rosewood dominated Midway 5-0 in the opening round of the N.C. High School Athletic Association 1-A women's soccer playoffs on Wednesday.
Conger opened the scoring off an assist by Rachyle McAlduff and completed a first-half hat trick on goals assisted by Francesca Verceles-Zara and Gabby Cornman, respectively.
Conger and Cornman each added a second-half goal.
The Eagles outShot the Raiders 18-2 on the night.
Rosewood (10-7-0 overall) travels to James Keenan on Saturday.
FARMVILLE -- North Lenoir could not overcome a hot start by Farmville Central and suffered an 8-4 defeat in the Eastern Plains 2-A Conference tournament championship game on Wednesday.
Aaryn Deal suffered the loss in the pitsher's circle for the Hawks.
Courtney Hill led North Lenoir offensively with three hits and one RBI. Brittany Berra, Kayla Letchworth and Kendal Letchworth each added one hit.
North Lenoir (17-7 overall) returns to action Tuesday in the N.C. High School Athletic Association playoffs.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series