Three Eagles hurlers combine for no-hitter
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on May 17, 2009 2:00 AM
Cody Richards and Will Beasley each swatted a home run and Rosewood dismantled Weldon 16-0 in their opening-round, N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 1-A baseball contest Friday evening.
Richards, Matt Neal and Steven Bostic combined for a no-hitter in the mercy-rule contest. Neal logged five strikeouts in a two-inning stint, while Richards retired the Chargers on three consecutive strikeouts in the third inning.
Bostic posted six strikeouts in the scorebook.
Richards scored twice and drove in two runs for the Eagles, who picked up their 15th victory of the season. Beasley added one hit and two RBI in three official at-bats.
Taylor Price emerged Rosewood's top offensive performer with a 3-for-4 outing that included two doubles. Matt Neal pounded out two hits and four RBI on the night.
Rosewood (15-6 overall) travels to Super Six Conference champion Midway on Tuesday. First pitch is 7 p.m. at Spivey's Corner.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series