Kinston storms past Post 11
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on May 31, 2009 2:00 AM
KINSTON -- Kinston pushed across four runs in the bottom of the eighth inning and held on for a 4-3 win over Wayne County Post 11 on Saturday night.
Trey Beamon's three-run tied the game at 3-3 in the home half of the eighth. Mike Wetherington's RBI single put Kinston in front for good.
Kinston starting pitcher Carter Capps, a rising sophomore at Mount Olive, pitched a complete game while striking out 11 and allowing seven hits to earn the win.
Post 11 (1-1) starting pitcher Erik DuBose allowed two hits and struck out seven over seven shutout innings.
Scott Holloman's RBI single gave Wayne County a 1-0 lead in the first inning. Kevin Wise added an RBI groundout in the seventh and Tyler Edwards later scored on a passed ball.
Post 11 entertains Kinston on Tuesday at Mount Olive College.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series